Interested candidates should send their applications by E-MAIL to: email@example.comNote:
Oman Drydock Company will be receiving applications till Monday 24th January, 2017.
Applications received after this date will not be processed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- To perform the internal audit function’s activities in order to provide continuous independent and objective advice to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and support the development of strong organizational governance and assurance to Oman Drydock Company (ODC).
- Obtain sufficient background information and knowledge, understanding of overall business process, and identification of key risks and control weaknesses in existing processes to contribute to the proper planning and completion of the internal audit activities.
- Execute internal audit engagements within all functions at ODC based on the audit plan, ensuring proper coverage and application of auditing principles and practices within agreed timeframes.
- Assess and verify the quality of organizational governance and compliance with policies and procedures to ensure they are aligned with laws and regulations and operate in the best interests of ODC.
- Evaluate set control mechanisms to assess their adequateness towards mitigating against operational and financial risks.
- Document audit findings in working papers in order to ensure that accurate records of audit findings are maintained.
- Develop audit engagement findings report to ensure accurate, complete and valid identification of issues within the agreed timeframes.
- Propose and report operational, process or procedural improvements regarding the audit findings, so as to support the continuous enhancement of ODC’s operational effectiveness.
- Following an audit, contribute to the preparation of a draft audit report of findings and recommendations and present it to the concerned parties within the Internal Audit department to materialize the findings and observations of the Audit Report.
- Assist in special assignments assigned by the Section Head – Internal Audit, including but not limited to audit systems development, manual preparation, special audit enquiries etc., in order to assist in planning, organising and implementing the internal audit function in ODC.
- Coordinate and interact with external auditors and supervisory and professional bodies as needed to maintain efficient relationships and protect ODC’s interests.
- Remain abreast with latest local, regional, and global audit-related updates in order to provide ODC with informed and updated perspectives when required and to initiate new ways to optimise processes in order to continuously improve effectiveness and efficiency of auditing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, financial studies, commerce or an equivalent qualification
- 2-3 years’ experience in audit (preferably internal audit)
- Experience in the ship building/repair or related industry is an advantage
- Working knowledge of audit techniques, regulations and methodologies
- Proficient user of MS Office especially excellent data analysis skill in MS Excel and preparing presentation in PowerPoint
- Knowledge of key business processes and management control
- Knowledge of CAT tools (e.g. ACL/IDEA)
- Process improvement skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Presentation skills